Apple Factory Unlock iPhone 5 | GiffGaff
Next Submission to Apple
Want to remove the GiffGaff lock on your iPhone 5?
Most iPhone 5 models sold by the GiffGaff network will be subsidised and therefore, locked so they can only be used on their network.
If you want to unlock your iPhone from GiffGaff so that you can use a different network, first you will need to order a GiffGaff unlock.
Some of the major networks have operations in numerous countries but each of these still operate independently. Please select the country your particular GiffGaff network operates within. A full list of supported countries and networks is available here (iPhone Unlock Services)
Please select your phone model
Please select the country where your iPhone is locked
Please select the network your iPhone is locked to
Price Match Promise
Cheaper prices and slower unlock timescales all determine the final service.
Money Back Guarantee
All unlock orders are covered by our 100% money back guarantee.
An Official Factory iPhone Unlock is permanent and non-reversible.
Your Apple Warranty or AppleCare product is protected and unaffected.
If you are looking to unlock an iPhone 5 from GiffGaff so that you can use a different network, this Official Apple iPhone 5 GiffGaff Unlock is exactly what you are looking for.
Each iPhone 5 has a unique 15 digit identifier called an IMEI number, GiffGaff use this to restrict your iPhone to only use only their network. This service updates your IMEI as 'Sim-Free' on the Apple database, therefore removing ALL restrictions enforced by GiffGaff. It does not require any modifications to the phone and when you receive the completion notice, the update is automatic when you insert a new sim card.
- Official Apple Factory IMEI Unlock for iPhone 5 GiffGaff All model versions, all software iOS and all modem firmwares. Quite simply all iPhone 5's currently locked to the GiffGaff network.
- No technical knowledge or software modifications required - Simply insert a new Sim & unlock recognised via WiFi.
- Unlock from Anywhere - Unlock from the comfort of your home, office or abroad. No need to be in the same country or without your phone. Unlocks update anywhere!
- Instant, 24/7 automated submission - Guarantees the fastest unlocking times for the GiffGaff Network!
- Price Match & Money Back Guarantee - All our services are covered by our 100% unlock guarantee.
- No Hidden Costs - The price quoted is the price you pay!
- All Networks supported - All networks that support Factory iPhone unlocking are available, Worldwide.
- Live Support - Live Chat available 10am-4pm GMT Monday-Friday.
With over 9 years of iPhone Unlocking experience, we are a Trusted Unlock Company and the preferred Unlock Partner for a number of major networks around the globe as well as some of the largest iPhone recycling companies.
Trust your iPhone unlock with a specialist company and unlock with us today!
Unlocking policies with the various networks differ greatly. If you bought an iPhone 2nd hand or were gifted an iPhone, if you are not the original contract holder or if a contract period remains (to name but a few) it's likely you will not meet the requirements to unlock directly via GiffGaff. This is when an Official Factory Apple Unlock Service is required.
An Official Apple Unlock removes ALL network restrictions imposed by GiffGaff both in and around the world. This allows your iPhone 5 to be used with ANY network and unlocked from anywhere in the world. Unless stated, as long as your iPhone 5 has not been reported 'lost or stolen', any iPhone 5 can be unlocked, regardless of contractual period (unless stated) etc. Once unlocked you are able to swap and change network Sim cards at your will. Your will be unlocked to use any sim card and no longer limited to just GiffGaff in .
To unlock your iPhone 5 with an Official Permanent iPhone Unlock all we require is the IMEI of the phone and a contact email address to receive all correspondence and ultimately, the 'Unlock Confirmation'.
An IMEI number is a unique 15 digit number that identifies your handset and its lock to the GiffGaff network. The process updates your IMEI on the Apple GSX database and it is marked as 'Unlocked/Whitelisted/Sim Free'. This is the only permanent unlock, recognised by Apple.
How to unlock an iPhone 5 on GiffGaff:
- Locate your IMEI number (Detailed help on how to find your imei is available here)
- Select iPhone 5 from the model options.
- Select the Country your GiffGaff iPhone is locked to.
- Confirm the GiffGaff network by selecting it once the country has been selected.
- Order your iPhone Unlock - Instant submission upon payment.
- Unlock confirmation email sent immediately upon status update.
- Simply insert a new Sim card whilst connected to an active WiFi signal to complete the unlock.
Revealed in September 2012, the iPhone 5 was the sixth generation of the iPhone, replacing the iPhone 4S later to be replaced by iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C.
The iPhone 5 featured major design changes which included an aluminum-based body which was thinner and lighter than previous models, a taller screen with a nearly 9:16 aspect ratio, the Apple A6 system-on-chip, LTE support, and the Lightning port, a new compact dock connector which replaced the 30-pin design used by previous iPhone models.
Within 24hrs of release, over two million orders were received and demand for the iPhone 5 exceeded the supply available upon the launch date of September 21.
The iPhone 5 was officially discontinued by Apple on September 10, 2013 with the announcement of its successors, the iPhone 5S and the iPhone 5C. With the release of its replacement models, the iPhone 5 was only produced for 12 months.