How to find iPhone IMEI
Dialing *#06# to display IMEI
You can display the IMEI of your iPhone by simply dialing a code into your phone (as if making a call).
Follow these steps to get your iPhone IMEI:
- Open your phone app (as if about to make a call)
- Tap the Keypad to launch the Dialing Number Pad.
- Type: *#06#
- The IMEI number will display on the screen
IMEI in 'About your iPhone'
The IMEI number can be found in the iPhone Settings. To locate it follow these simple steps below:
On your phone:
- Tap on and open your 'Settings'
- Tap on and open 'General'
- Tap on and open 'About'
- Scroll down to locate the IMEI number
IMEI in iTunes
You can find your iPhone IMEI by connecting your iPhone to iTunes:
- Connect the iPhone to a Mac using the USB cable.
- Click on 'Devices' and choose iPhone.
- Make sure the Summary tab is selected.
- The IMEI is dispayed in the information.
Printed on the back of your iPhone
On some models the IMEI number is engraved on the back of your iPhone.
Look on the back of the iPhone and at the very end of the small text is the phone IMEI number. The IMEI is very small, be sure to read and copy it carefully.
*Please note: If you are not the original owner of the iPhone and do not know its history, the IMEI may have been changed, if replaced or repaired by Apple.